Emotions....

talk about my life as a young mother hoping to do the best for her children in spite of the life difficulies.As a Dentist I want to share you my occupational ticklers...

My Photo
Name:
Location: mosul, Iraq

I am a 37 years old mom ,I am a mother of 3 children. I am a Dentist. I try to make every thing perfect. The life I have, the difficulties I face make me anxious.. I like to have a social life; I cannot resist my feeling of being lonely, but I don’t have good social life, & I am lonely.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Baghdad

Going to Baghdad, seeing my parents, and having a great time with them inside their sweat warm house, having fun with few neighbors there, going through the elections, all that was good and very refreshing to me after along time .BUT seeing Baghdad in such a strange environment, seeing strange faces wearing black, having strange traditions that I had never seen in the place where I was born, all that ruined my happiness. Besides seeing our neighborhood there almost empty from the previous residents broke my heart and I couldn't accept the new situation. I even didn't join my parents and kids while walking in the neighborhood. The new residents bought the houses in about 5 times the prize that made me worried, and wonder why? Who are they? From where did they have that money? They paid Milliard dinars for each house?.(1000$ for every cubic meter).WHY?!
Those new residents put ridiculous flags and phrase on the outside fence which is very high and hiding behind it the whole house. My parents' neighborhood, where I was born and raised was for high class educated people, unlike now.
A friend of mine told that he rarely see young men there, in every grocer shop he only sees an old man and/or woman shopping!!! And that is also noticed in so many places in Iraq especially in Baghdad. The youth are not there anymore they had gone..
Mama..

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope we will be able to see baghdad "the same baghdad we used to live in" and the same iraq.
take care.
a friend from baghdad.

22 February, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
i know what you are going through.
im praying for you.
keep in touch.

22 February, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am happy that you were able to visit your family. It must have been long overdue. One time I went to visit my neighborhood where I was born. All of the old houses were gone and new houses in their place. I know a little of how you feel.

24 February, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you explain the unrecognizable faces and customs you saw? What do you mean? It's hard imagine foreigners moving into an active war zone. That you saw them doing just that is a wonder-full question.

What I appreciate most about your blog is you help people connect to your situation. True change comes through understanding. I wish you would write more. It's good for you. It's good for the whole world. When you write about your life as an Iraqi living in these times, you are one of the greatest proponent of Peace.

04 March, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home