Emotions....

talk about my life as a young mother hoping to do the best for her children in spite of the life difficulies.As a Dentist I want to share you my occupational ticklers...

My Photo
Name:
Location: mosul, Iraq

I am a 37 years old mom ,I am a mother of 3 children. I am a Dentist. I try to make every thing perfect. The life I have, the difficulties I face make me anxious.. I like to have a social life; I cannot resist my feeling of being lonely, but I don’t have good social life, & I am lonely.

Saturday, December 06, 2008

So depressing....

Hi
I will not celebrate Eid with my parents in Baghdad; they will celebrate it alone with the rest of the neighbors and very few relatives that did not leave.
I already feel lonely without a family, Eid spirit is only sensed among the family. But I can't go there; it's a long hard journey among many troops of military forces.
I visited Baghdad last July, I was happy to be with my parents, among some friends and neighbors, but felt angry and sad to see Baghdad with so many concrete barriers, and so many check points in civilian neighborhoods, so many soldiers here and there that made me feel uncomfortable. See those photos and dream to live in such a DEMOCRATIC capital, and even if you stay at home you will sit in the darkness or spend most of your income to have power.
Anyway Those walls by them selves are dreadful and depressing, it was necessary to do some thing to make them bearable. Iraqi painters found their own way…have a look….
she deserves to have a better wedding with pride and dignitygoing to school is not easy the walls themselves are so depressing but the iraqi painters had their own way to manage




Mama........

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear mama,i hope you will celebrate eid with your wonderful kids and enjoy happy times,being depressed will not be helpful on the contrary. Cheer up its good to know that everyone is ok after past events and only that worths celebrating.please dont feel you are alone,although we are faraway we are all beside you and taking care of you.
those painters are great,they are sending a message to the world that iraqis can challenge and change the whole mess.
may god bless you.
happy eid to you and all your family :).
B.D.

06 December, 2008  
Blogger madtom said...

Mama, I know you have had a hard time, but please don't make the silly mistakes of the rest of the worlds enemies of freedom and liberty. Iraq is not a democracy, Iraq in not free, and Iraq has no liberty. no one with a brain would say such nonsense. The only people that talk that way are the enemies of democracy. I only hope you are safe from these people.

The US can not make Iraq democratic, only the Iraqis can do this. The US can only hope to plant the seeds of liberty, but it will be with the Iraqis to water and care and grow the tree of liberty for many years till it bears fruit.

I can hear it in your words, someone has your ear. Don't listen, smile politely and walk away. They only want you as a slave.

06 December, 2008  
Blogger saminkie said...

Dear Mama,

I want to thank you from all of my heart for this wonderful post. You speak for us, us the Iraqis. I wanted for so long to publish something about the walls and the art on the walls. You spoke for me like for many others. Thank you hundred times and Happy Eid for you.

Sami

07 December, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mama,

It makes me so sad to know you can not enjoy EID with your parents this year. I wish that you could.

Those barriers are terribly ugly but every thing I read tells me that they have reduced the killing of so many innocent people.

The painters have done an excellent job painting the pictures. I think they are beautiful.

I hope you and your family enjoy a happy EID.

07 December, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those Iraqi artist have turned poison into medicine. Beautifully. Buddha pointed out that the most gorgeous flower, the lotus, only grows in the most detestable swamps. The situation in Iraq is the swamp. Your Sunshine is the lotus. I am so thankful your family is still okay, though I still wonder why your family does not seek a safer life.

09 December, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear mama...those Iraqi painters are so wonderful! What beauty they have created out of somethins so desolate. I am sorry you cannot be with your family this Eid.

Many blessings on you and your family mama...from my home to yours.

Laurie

11 December, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home