Emotions....

talk about my life as a young mother hoping to do the best for her children in spite of the life difficulies.As a Dentist I want to share you my occupational ticklers...

My Photo
Name:
Location: mosul, Iraq

I am a 37 years old mom ,I am a mother of 3 children. I am a Dentist. I try to make every thing perfect. The life I have, the difficulties I face make me anxious.. I like to have a social life; I cannot resist my feeling of being lonely, but I don’t have good social life, & I am lonely.

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Without windows

After fixing our house following the last explosion, the situation became much worse in our neighborhood, we were hesitant about leaving the house for the children's safety but

the house could become a cache for the terrorists. Besides we don't know where to go and for how long!!, we have several important possessions, we should take with us; therefore it wasn't easy to decide. We discussed the situation with some neighbors, none of them decided to leave.

Now whenever we hear a gun shot we expect an explosion and house destruction, the shooting is very often, and therefore we feel tension all the time, the first few days we couldn't sleep even my 4 years old boy. He holds his torch during the night instead of holding his bear and other moppets, sometimes he screams, cry and ask if the windows would blow out. We leave our bedroom's door open, it's next to his room but he still cant's feel secured while he hears shooting all the time.

All mothers in every place and time worried about their children, whether they are hungry or not!, feeling cold or not!, sick!, worry about their future , and if there is some one could harm them. But to feel scared for their safety is the most difficult feeling. We demanded the authorities to secure our neighborhood but no one listened, I sent emails to any one can help, military forces, the governorate, the hot line, but we are still in the same situation .my husband and father in law wanted to do something to protect us from the broken windows, sure I now feel less scared from passing in front the windows, but it will drive us crazy, have a look by yourself.


Mama

9 Comments:

Blogger BAGHDADENTIST said...

i'm so sad and feel in a deep pain to see those pictures.but keep your spirit high, i know you as a brave woman that challenge the impossible.
may god bless you and protect your family.

01 January, 2009  
Blogger programmer craig said...

They've been promising better security in Mosul for so long :(

I hope your neighborhood improves some time soon, Mama. Hang in there!

01 January, 2009  
Blogger Dancewater said...

So sorry that all this tragedy is happening to you and your lovely family.

Hope it is better soon.

01 January, 2009  
Blogger Ripama said...

Mama,

Your stories are almost always difficult for me to reply.

Nothing in my life ever can compare to yours, so I don't have the experience, and I'm not qualified to give you advice.

The only thing I can say is, back in 1996 I lost all of my possessions, but I still had me. I didn't have a family to worry about, but it was still a heart breaker.

I hope you'll never be forced to make the heart wrenching decision to evacuate your home. But if you do, at least you'll still have your family.

02 January, 2009  
Blogger kanarinka said...

I am also a young mother (but in the US) and I am so sorry that your son can't sleep. It's one thing for an adult to be afraid, but it's very hard to see children so scared. I send him hugs and kisses from far away and hope that everyone keeps in good spirits.

02 January, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was really hoping that your family would move to a safer location but I'm sure you know what is best.

02 January, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This piece was cited in the following article:

Iraq's Unfinished Business

06 January, 2009  
Blogger teal said...

Mama, keep your head up, stay strong, things will improve by Gods will.

Sometimes what helps me is to think of happier times or to think about all the dreams and wishes for the future.

Believe me, as a Mom [also], your children will remember your being there for them & they will remember your love & care.

Please let these positive throughts get you thru.

19 January, 2009  
Anonymous Shaunita said...

i am upset at this and angry. i would go crazy too! if i couldnt feel safe or see outside of the windows in my own house. my god!

15 January, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home