Emotions....

talk about my life as a young mother hoping to do the best for her children in spite of the life difficulies.As a Dentist I want to share you my occupational ticklers...

My Photo
Name:
Location: mosul, Iraq

I am a 37 years old mom ,I am a mother of 3 children. I am a Dentist. I try to make every thing perfect. The life I have, the difficulties I face make me anxious.. I like to have a social life; I cannot resist my feeling of being lonely, but I don’t have good social life, & I am lonely.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

The fourteenth of December

Hi

Sad and happy events happened at the first day at work after
Eid, at about 9 am, we knew that a very famous prof.
surgeon was shot, he is also the dean of the medical college in mosul .we were all shocked and awfully sad and did not know how serious his injuries were, and whether he was still a life or not!!!. Many famous surgeons rushed to the emergency department and immediately undergo seplenectomy, we heard the details of his condition and everything happened in the operation room and our emotions were swinging up and down during his operation, feeling very frustrated and praying for him all the day .his medical students, colleagues, relatives, neighbors, nearby shop owners rushed to donate their blood. I returned home depressed with bad headache and immediately had a long nap to escape from the reality. I did not leave my bed till noon time to prepare dinner .TV was on, when I read the subtitle news about the Iraqi journalist that throw Bush during his conference with his shoes. But I didn't see the video. During dinner I told my daughter, but she didn't comment. While I was talking with her, BD the Iraqi blogger sent me an SMS telling me that Bush was humiliated in an unbelievable way, and telling me that he was looking for the video in the internet and TV channels. In fact I did not have time to look for the video as I had to wash the dishes and watch my favorite series (gray's anatomy).next day at work every body was talking about bush and the brave Iraqi journalist, telling jokes and poems, there I saw the video in my mate cell phone, my daughters came back home with funny jokes and stories. And we kept seeing the video over and over.

"Asia cell" the company of cell phone services made large profits during the last few days because large no. of Iraqis were exchanging SMS jokes about Bush.

Mama

6 Comments:

Blogger BAGHDADENTIST said...

hi,
as i heard the news i didnt believe it, so i ran to the net and found the news.
i do like "Grey's Anatomy" too.
i was sad about the dean,today a dean in baghdad wa humiliated by soldiers in the college my sister told me.
with this big font i'm reading your post and the laptop is faaaaaaaaaaaar away :), but i prefer the previous one.
B.D

21 December, 2008  
Blogger BOOKISH said...

Hello,

I felt terribly sad when I heard about the attack. He is the best surgeon in Mosul. We need to pray that he would survive.

PS: I think there are some words/sentences missied at the first few lines.

22 December, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many people on my side of the earth thought the shoe thrower was funny.

24 December, 2008  
Blogger Violet said...

Hi Mama,
It's my first visit on your blog... so i'm not sure that I can leave a comment.
when I heard about the attack .. it was really a shock to me!!! he is from the most faithful Iraqi people and he is one of the most efficient surgeons all over Iraq.. it's really sad thing to hear such a person has been attacked.. but all we can do that we are praying for him :)
Regards.
Ms.Violet

28 December, 2008  
Blogger John said...

Dear Sunshine's Mom,
I'm very sorry about the continuing problems. I'll keep praying for you and your family. Please stay safe!

29 December, 2008  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I am sorry the war criminal Bush did not understand the extent of the insult in Iraqi culture. He is even more ignorant of others than many Americans. I only am sorry, every Iraqi in the room did not toss their shoes as well.

It is such an unspeakable tragedy that so may doctors and professors have been targeted for killings. Along with those who have had to flee the country, Iraq in the future will be so much more impoverished. It is just these well educated people Iraq will need to be restored to a healthy civilized community.

I admire your courage in staying in Mosul. May you and your family stay safe.

30 December, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home