Emotions....

talk about my life as a young mother hoping to do the best for her children in spite of the life difficulies.As a Dentist I want to share you my occupational ticklers...

My Photo
Name:
Location: mosul, Iraq

I am a 37 years old mom ,I am a mother of 3 children. I am a Dentist. I try to make every thing perfect. The life I have, the difficulties I face make me anxious.. I like to have a social life; I cannot resist my feeling of being lonely, but I don’t have good social life, & I am lonely.

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Um al-rabeain..

Hi there ,
Um al-rabeain is the name of the new operation in Mosul to clear it from al Qieda .it started with 5 days curfew ,we remained stuck at home

We spent the time doing different things but still the time was so long .
I myself started to read Bremer”s book about his one year stay in Iraq, I played music a lot on my keyboard , did some house work like cleaning the windows, spent some time chatting with my family and wrote some posts and articles.
yoyo like to play in the garden but I keep worry about him it’s not safe even in our own garden, but my boy hate to stay all the time in our small apartment .he want to run ,play with his ball, and bicycle .
Mariam’s exams were postponed .she is upset because of that, she want her summer holiday to start .but she is ok,spent her time playing with Yosif ,doing some beautiful hand made work, she is also fond of puzzles, and spend time doing wonderful templets.
my husband and his dad did some house repairs ,he also like to listen to the news a lot and to watch TV .specially action movies that I hate.
My mother in law is so scared and worry a lot she spend most of her time listening to the news which I personally don’t trust.
Sunshine is studying for the next year . she like to spend time with the computer, watching certain TV shows ,helping me in the house work ,and some times cooking delicious meals.
I think most of us gain some extra weight because we eat when we get bored ,specially in the long afternoons.
After a three weeks of um alrabeain we can see the difference in the security situation although not all the time .
Our house was inspected three times during the first week of the new operation. but the soldiers were polite and only checked our identities and our house and cars’ papers. with very quick look on part of the house at each time.
About Bremer’s book that I am reading ,it helped me a lot in treating my hypotension ,but I try to read a little and when my blood pressure raise and have flushing face, I stop to listen to music or play music myself, to calm down . he wrote to the world about leaving his paradise to come to our hell to rescue us. any way it’s too early to judge his book after reading 50 pages out of 496.may Allah help me to read more pages without having a stroke.
Mama

10 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Oh my gosh, i can't imagine how angry Bremer's book must make you. I didn't like it one bit. It made me angry, too -- and I'm sitting here as an American in the USA -- so I can't even begin to imagine your emotions while reading it. It made me so mad. I'm so sorry!!!!!!

Did you read "Imperial Life in the Emerald City"??? That book also made me furious angry, but I thought it was better written than Bremer's book.

01 June, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mama,

Thank you for providing us the information. I sure hope that the security of Mosul has improved. From what I read in Iraqi blogs I believe that the security for innocent Iraqi people will get better and maybe peace will stop all the violent murdering of people. It worries me so much when I read about women and children being killed. I wish there was something I could do to help.

Does Mariam get to use the computer? Is she interested in it?
Sunshine does such a wonderful job of providing us good and bad news and I adore her for her wonderful and brave attitude. I would love to see Mariam do the same as she ages. I know that Yosiff is too young to use computers so I guess we will have to wait for him.

Please stay safe and try to relax as much as you can. I don't want to see you have a nervous breakdown.

Thank you again for all you do for us.

01 June, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I could read his book after reading other books that explained that they had no plan for Iraq. They made so many mistakes and in my mind are responsible for much of the violence that happened in Iraq. I'm glad to hear that your life has calmed down some.

02 June, 2008  
Blogger Don Cox said...

Everyone agrees that Bremer made big mistakes, but who could have taken charge of Iraq at that time and not made big mistakes? They might have made different ones, but could anyone have known what to do? It is easy to judge in hindsight. And Saddam certainly made worse mistakes than Bremer. In twenty years time, it will be easier to look at the years 2003-8 in perspective.

02 June, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mama...I am ordering Bremers book now. It was interesting to read that perhaps it angered you...what he wrote. I have known for awhile now...that it will take a strong stomach to read what he has to say. Mistakes are one thing...we all make them. Bremer did some very stupid and yes, very ignorant things while in Iraq. Why they sent him is a mystery I will never understand.

Take care mama.

04 June, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don cox, General petraeus would have been a good choice from day one. He was the person who was in control of mosul in 2003, lets just say under him mosul had a new mayor before bremer even took office in iraq. You should read Michael yon book.

08 June, 2008  
Blogger John said...

Dear Sunshine's Mom,
I am just so sorry. I use that word again and again and I don't know if it adds up to anything but zero. But I'm sorry.
Please don't read that book too much. It will just make you upset and will not fix anything.

10 June, 2008  
Blogger graceonline said...

Hello Mama,

I am pleased to pass along the blogger's E=Excellence award to you for your courage in reporting your story to the world. I appreciate your time and effort in sharing your experiences in Iraq with all of us. As an American, I am keenly interested to know how my government's actions affect the people living there.

Thank you. I pray for peace for you and your country. May you be blessed.

11 June, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your posts and pictures are beautiful and my heart goes out to you.

Bremer is a self-aggrandizing know-nothing who should have had the good grace to know his limits and turn down the job.

I would agree with ray-ray, and - to get a feel for the thoughts of 70 percent of us here - perhaps one of Obama's books.

Your daughter looks wistful. Tell her that an American woman sees her beautiful eyes and wishes her strength and happiness as well as apologies on behalf of our foolish leaders.

16 June, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 words that have become household in the US: David Ray Griffin.

He's many things, including the author of several books extremely highly praised. Look at his Amazon.com reviews, Mamma. If you are going to spend your extra time reading, your time will be MUCH better spent on David Ray Griffin than Paul Bremer.

Sorry, but no one in the western world would touch Paul Bremer's propaganda with a ten meter pole unless they are incredibly ignorant or doing research on war crimials. I'm surprised you are brainwashing yourself with his lies. Get some new reading material!

19 June, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home