Emotions....

talk about my life as a young mother hoping to do the best for her children in spite of the life difficulies.As a Dentist I want to share you my occupational ticklers...

My Photo
Name:
Location: mosul, Iraq

I am a 37 years old mom ,I am a mother of 3 children. I am a Dentist. I try to make every thing perfect. The life I have, the difficulties I face make me anxious.. I like to have a social life; I cannot resist my feeling of being lonely, but I don’t have good social life, & I am lonely.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

More news about us..

Hello friends
Thank you for your concern about my daughter's health , she is better now , but still weak, & with bad appetite .. we are looking forward to be able to take her to the doctor to check her again.
Yesterday we VOTED, everything went so good we easily voted &returned back safely . But my cousins' wives, my uncle's wife , some family friends were not allowed to vote ,because of technical error or ???!!!! they voted last time & shared in the referendum for the constitution , but now they were told your names are not in this poll center ,some friends we know live in Baghdad since 1990, they were told that they should vote in Basrah !!!!
In Baghdad the night before the elections , people were terribly disturbed , they were awaked after midnight at announcement by the loudspeakers, warning them not to drink water because it's poisoned , everyone kept calling friends ,relatives & neighbors to warn them , then in the morning the health minister negated that ……
Mama........

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mama,
I am glad to hear your daughter is getting better.

I hope your relatives will find out why they were not on the list of registered voters.
In my state, the law requires the county to publish a list of registered voters for each polling place in the newspaper many weeks before the election. My name has always been correctly on the list, so I have not had a problem. If my name was not on the list, then there would still be time to correct the matter before the election.
Maybe Iraqis should ask your represenatatives in government to make this type of law.

18 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad your daughter is better. I wish your family all the best.

18 December, 2005  
Blogger programmer craig said...

Hi Mama, glad you were able to vote at least :) Did your realtives who could not find out what the problem was? My guess is that since this election was to elect local representatives from the community, they wanted to make sure people were voting in their own community. But in this case, clearly a mistake was made. Hopefully, it was accidental and not an attempt to skew the vote! Do you have any idea how many people were not allowed to vote? Because with a ban on driving, telling somebody to vote in a town hundreds of miles away is the same as not letting them vote :(

All that said, though... from what I've heard here in the US, it was a very clean and fair election day. No elections are perfect.

18 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am happy to hear that Miriam's health is improving. I hope that she is completely recovered by now.
Thank you for keeping us informed.

18 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent,

I am glad you were able to "get out the vote" and that your daughter is doing better. Your family is in my prayers every day.

19 December, 2005  
Blogger Ripama said...

Hello Mama,

I think of your daughter as my friend and I'm glad to hear she is doing better.

I wish you and your family well.

19 December, 2005  
Blogger Jack B. said...

Its not just an Iraqi thing. When I was going to vote in local elections in my voting district a few years ago I went to the nearest polling place to my house only to be told I was zoned for a place farther away from where I lived - which made no sense!

I'm glad you got to vote anyway, Mama.

19 December, 2005  
Blogger In His Steps said...

I'm glad Miriam is feeling better (I love her name!) She is a beautiful little girl. I hope her health continues to improve.
I am also glad you were able to vote. The news here tells us at least 70% of eligible voters voted. I hope that Canada will be as active in our election in January. We don't realize what a privilege and honor it is to vote like you do!

21 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home