Emotions....

talk about my life as a young mother hoping to do the best for her children in spite of the life difficulies.As a Dentist I want to share you my occupational ticklers...

My Photo
Name:
Location: mosul, Iraq

I am a 37 years old mom ,I am a mother of 3 children. I am a Dentist. I try to make every thing perfect. The life I have, the difficulties I face make me anxious.. I like to have a social life; I cannot resist my feeling of being lonely, but I don’t have good social life, & I am lonely.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Another home inspection experience..

Hi there.
Last Wednesday , our house was inspected again by the Us soldiers , I will not repeat what sunshine wrote about ,I will describe each one of us during that inspection ,
Mariam my 7 years old daughter she stopped focusing on the soldiers guns from the first sucker she got from them , although she remained cohered to me .
Yosif my 19 months old son , he was busy sucking his first sucker , you can't imagine what did he do to his face , hands &his clothes , I had to re-bath him after he finished it, & brush his tiny teeth.
My mother in law remained suspicious for a while then became more comfortable …..
My father in law … forgot the English words … but listened attentively to our conversations with relief ……..
My poor husband , he went before the soldiers had come in, to buy some pencils to the girls , but he couldn't enter the neighborhood until the whole neighborhood was inspected , he was worried about us ( you know we hear many stories , some of them are rumors & lies , some of them could be true without knowing who was the trouble maker in each story, but some Iraqis find inspection humiliating & refuse to cooperate , some times the soldiers are nervous and patient less, some have bad attitude)….
Mama(me).. so embarrassed as It was the first time I sit among strangers with my bed suit on & so amazed from sunshine ability to talk that much with hoarse voice !, how could she made a friendly atmosphere!, and how could she enjoy all circumstances in her life ……….
Sunshine….she enjoyed every moment! , she talked in every single moment!... what did she talk about ? or may the question should be put in this way, what she did not talk about?!...she asked the soldiers about their names ,unit , their homeland ,their BOOTS, their friends ,etc…
she definitely did not miss a moment to make friend relationships with them ,she also discussed her blog with them after she made them read it !!!…..
she took photograph for them , made them wait till she brought her film camera after her trial to take a photo with the digital camera , but the batteries were of law power , she simply smiled saying that that was bad luck…..
unbelievable………..
Mama………

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am impressed with your family. These guys probably do not like to go into people's homes but they also know that for now they have to. But they brought the candy as gifts to hopefully make people feel better. When they put their weapons, sun glasses, etc., they most likely were trying to not look like soldiers but to show friendship.

Since 9/11, even in America, when you go into a government building, get on an airplane, even go to a football game in a big stadium, Americans have to go through search and inspections by other Americans (security people) to make sure no weapons are on them.

Of course, if you are not a bad guy, and if the inspectors are nice people, it is just a brief interruption of life, it protects life.

The important thing is to know that security people care about you and since they do not know everyone personally, they have to inspect everyone.

I am sure they told all their relatives back home in America, their friends and other soldiers how nice your family is. I also find it interesting that they had a lot of people protecting your home while they were in your neighbor hood. The military may already consider your home an important place to protect since your family is nice and speaks English.

God bless!

02 December, 2005  
Blogger Melinda said...

I read your blog often, but have never commented. I had to laugh reading about the children and the suckers. My two year old daughter LOVES little suckers like the ones the soldiers probably handed out. I am always amazed by how much more of the sucker she seems to wear than eat! Sticky hands, face, neck, clothes...makes me laugh. And, I'm always sure to brush her teeth as well!

I am sure these types of inspections are uncomfortable for both groups--the homeowners and the soldiers. I'm thankful it was not a negative experience for the children.

Thanks for blogging! I enjoy reading your site very much.

02 December, 2005  
Blogger programmer craig said...

Hi Mama-

I think those soldiers will remember meeting Sunshine for the rest of their lives. I'm very glad she seems to have enjoyed herself too, and the way you and she described her talking with laryngitis is hilarious. Thank you for sharing the story :)

02 December, 2005  
Blogger In His Steps said...

I smile when I envision Sunshine with the soldiers. I bet she is a bundle of joyful energy! What a blessing your family is.

02 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maddog,

Excellent title for Sunshine you bestowed on her, an Iraqi Ambassador!

:-) :-) :-) :-)

I worry though about a photo of this wonderful Iraqi family posing with US Soldiers. Might still be a little dangerous to post the photos. Would be wonderful, but Al Qaeda assasins taking out people in Iraq. Maybe soon though, but too scary right now do you think?

02 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you mama for being so kind and cooperative with those soldiers. They will remember how nice your family was to them. They will write home to their family and frienda about how nice you were.

Don't be embarassed about being dressed in your pajamas. If the soldiers were home their mothers or wife would be dressed the same way.

Please don't publish any current pictures of yourself or Sunshine as requested by Maddog, for security reasons. I would love to see them too but prefer to wait until your country is more secure.
Don't endanger our lovely Sunshine.

02 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it went better this time. Isn't it wonderful how outgoing children like Sunshine put everyone at ease. And I agree with some of the other comments about not posting pictures. It is too dangerous right now. But I'm sure you of all people know this. So glad it went better this time.

02 December, 2005  
Blogger Jack B. said...

Mama, you and your family are true class. You had every reason to be suspicious (after what happened last time) and annoyed at the soldiers for getting inspected in your night clothes and yet you treated them with respect and friendship. As an American, thanks.

I'm sure the soldiers were happy to meet someone who is as young and optimistic (and who speaks English) as Sunshine. Once again she lives up to her name - she really is a ray of light.

02 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for being kind to our soldiers. I pray the day comes quickly when "home inspections" are not need in Iraq by any soldiers--whether Iraqi or American.
You are a great mama, and I cannot imagine the stress in your life from the war and all the tragic things it has brought. I admire all you have done.

You have a big chance to vote for change on December 15. I hope you will find good and honest people to be in your government!

03 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless you an dyour family. I sit here in my home with my Children sleeping peacwfully in their beds and feel guilt for the horror and pain your family has and is going through, I may well be a christian and you are most likley a Muslim. I pray for you to our God. Be safe

03 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I love your Blog, you are a wonderfull mom, that cares deeply. Your family is doing a wonderfull job out there admist much chaos.
Daily Impressions

05 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am happy for you that nothing came of the inspection. I am a U.S. Marine and was in Fallujah last year. We do not like entering your homes but must to try and protect ourselves from the terrorists. I hope your family makes it safely through this time and hopefully soon this war will come to an end. (We did not use white phosporous in Fallujah on civilians as the media claimed, just so you know. We did use it for illumination at night, if it made it to the ground, it was not planned.) I really enjoy reading your blog, peace be to you.

21 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do I need a certified home inspectors .... If you are thinking about selling or buying a home You will need a certified home inspectors ..

I found a great site for certified home inspectors. If you want to take a look go to http://hominspec.com.... Wow ..

05 February, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Homes Homes Homes The Purchase of a home will probably be the largest single investment you will ever make. Why do I need a certified home inspectors .... If you are thinking about selling or buying a home You will need a certified home inspectors ..

I found a great site for certified home inspectors. If you want to take a look go to http://hominspec.com.... Wow ..

05 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home