Emotions....

talk about my life as a young mother hoping to do the best for her children in spite of the life difficulies.As a Dentist I want to share you my occupational ticklers...

My Photo
Name:
Location: mosul, Iraq

I am a 37 years old mom ,I am a mother of 3 children. I am a Dentist. I try to make every thing perfect. The life I have, the difficulties I face make me anxious.. I like to have a social life; I cannot resist my feeling of being lonely, but I don’t have good social life, & I am lonely.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Tell me how..?

Dear friends
As my daughters will start new scholastic year , I started to have sleep problems .
Last year Mariam suffered a lot in her way to & from school ,many times she & her grandma had to run & hide in strangers houses .How do you expect she feels about this year?
Although she is happy to be in the second class with new friends ,&that she loves her new uniform ,new bag& new stationeries.
But she started to see scary dreams, &yesterday She woke up screaming because of a bad nightmare, with so much tears wetting her face.
Tell me how can I am assure &calm her down. How can I be convincible , while I feel so bad &un secured ?!
I know that this year our neighborhood is much better, but I will be at work because I finished the mothercraft rest , unlike last year I was at home, & this year She will have to go by her self ,not with her grandma , because Yosif (my little boy) will stay with the grandma .So we hired a car with private driver to take her to &from the school.
All the moms I know feel the same way . We feel scared when our children are a way from us ….
Mama……..

7 Comments:

Blogger olivebranch said...

jeez, I am sick of blog advertising.

I think someone should make a law banning advertisments in comment sections on message boards and weblogs.

I haven't the answer to your questions, but I do have some thoughts that might help.

A few things I believe in.

1) Karma, do enough good and god-willing you will be spared a lot of pain.

2) Positivity. Know that you can deal with any situation, just be prepared and not scared.

3) Poetry. And that is why I am writing one for you.

(be back soon)

11 September, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you for the sake of your children's safety. I am glad you were able to have a few days of normalcy in Kurdistan.
And speaking of Karma, what a jerk to spam this blog with such rubbish.

12 September, 2005  
Blogger olivebranch said...

It's time tow rite a poem,
for the sake of some dear.
I hope you like this poem,
and hapiness replaces fear.

Remember the times before,
when you were sure your life must end.
Remember how every time,
you somehow made it round that bend.

I know that nothing I can send,
can encourage your wounds to mend.
Nothing I say could change the fear,
or whipe away the pain my dear,
but if you only know I shed a tear.

Maybe things could be better.

Trust in me and in the will of us. Trust in bloggers in our love and such. Trust in what we have to say, and someday your pains will go away.

Pray for your patience, and pray for your child. Write to us about your fears, don't let your brain go wild.

Let it go and to you I'll show, the future really is bright you know.

Written for Mama by Luke(y) Skinner 12/09/05

12 September, 2005  
Blogger Jack B. said...

My heart goes out to you, Mama. I wish I had a solution. It's a shame you and some other mothers couldn't start your own local school so children wouldn't have to travel far. If Mariam felt safe in her enviroment when going to school it might make her feel better overall. You've got my prayers for all your safety.

12 September, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mama,

I have speculated how mothers in the violent parts of Iraq felt when their children went off to school. Thank you for writing about your fears and those of your daughter.

I know that my mother, when I was a child, would have been horrified at letting me go any distance to school under the conditions in parts of Iraq. Most American parents would feel the same way today, I think.

If there is a school closer to home, you might consider sending your children to it. I realize that a parent must also consider the quality of the school.

Perhaps you may find some solace in knowing that people across the world sometimes must face similar choices. One of my fiance's sisters lives with her family in New York City, about 20 kilometers from the World Trade Center, which was destroyed on September 11, 2001. That was a very safe distance on that day. One of her sons was age 12 at the time. He and his parents regarded the nearest government school as very bad. He wished, and his parents agreed, that he would go to an excellent school that was located several 100 meters from the World Trade Center. He and the school survived well. He still goes there, and his only sibling, a younger brother, joined him there in 2003. My guess is that al Qaeda's ideal project in the US would be to make an attack on the city of Washington that would be much more destructive than their attack in 2001. Yet, the Wall Street financial district of New York proved to be a good target in 2001, and they might attack it again.

I don't want to add to your concerns, but you should be aware that studies have been made of children exposed to urban violence for prolonged periods without being physically harmed. One example would be studies of Northern Ireland, where there was violence for decades. Some studies have found that children suffer emotional damage that lasts for a long time. The risk of damage and the amount of damage probably depend on what the child sees and how his friends and family react to the violence. I think that various treatments have been tried, but I do not know how successful they have been.

Best wishes for you and your family.


Michael in Framingham

12 September, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Libby, not to be rude but Mariam is Sunshine's younger sister.

Mama, My hope and prayers are with you. I truly wish that there was something I could do to help. Stay safe and tell those kids that they are loved by us all.

12 September, 2005  
Blogger Sndibaad said...

Dear Mama, it looks that the story of how to go to school is every where in Mosul.

apart from my sister whom I published her story in my blogg, my nephew to go to school we have hired a car and driver to pick from our house to the school for a journy of one kilometer or less.

24 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home