Emotions....

talk about my life as a young mother hoping to do the best for her children in spite of the life difficulies.As a Dentist I want to share you my occupational ticklers...

My Photo
Name:
Location: mosul, Iraq

I am a 37 years old mom ,I am a mother of 3 children. I am a Dentist. I try to make every thing perfect. The life I have, the difficulties I face make me anxious.. I like to have a social life; I cannot resist my feeling of being lonely, but I don’t have good social life, & I am lonely.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Be reasonable......can you see democracy here?.

I can say that the people in this country are neglected, that what I can see through my daily life events and during work .To give you an example, today at work we did not have electricity in the village's hospital; we did not have fuel for the generator, and we received Two emergency cases, the first one was a woman with labor troubles( she is also a nurse in the same hospital) , the other one was a few months old baby with difficulty in breathing .The doctors decided to take the mother quickly to the main hospital in Mosul with the only ambulance we have, but they knew that the baby will not survive , and that what happened, we lost the baby boy.
The child who wasn't able to breathe had to wait for a long time in the very cold corridor for the electricity to be put on the ventilator; you can imagine his parents feelings at that time, I couldn't withstand the situation, I picked up the phone and called the electricity control section in the city center,I shouted ,I begged, I cried ,I made them give us electricity to save the child ,but I am still very much angry because of the bad health services and bad equipments, ……
My husband's grandma died in the hospital when she needed oxygen after bone fixation surgery, because they did not have tube for the respirator…
A doctor colleague lost her child during caesarian delivery, because of the absence of oxygen in the operation room…..
There are so many worse examples about the health state in this country … The hospitals are so dirty, and their worst state……
Can a country in such condition be described as a democratic one!!
Mama............

7 Comments:

Blogger In His Steps said...

Mama, I can't begin to imagine the conditions that you work in every single day. I wish I could bring you to Canada!! As a nurse, I know the feeling of hurting for your patients. You are in a helping profession Mama because you care for people and have mercy for them. It is people like yourself that Iraq needs to stand firm and stand strong. I pray that you will soon see some light that will give you a glimmer of hope.
Kim

17 February, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mama, That is a very bad situation. I just can't imagine being that mother with the baby, knowing if only there were electricity for the oxygen my baby needed to live. It is heart breaking. I wish there were something I could do to help.

Just out of curiosity, What were the hospitals like before this mess started? Based on what I've read on many blogs, you had electricity, but what were the other conditions like? I still can not imagine the conditions you and your family, friends, and fellow contrymen are living in. I pray that this will end soon and things will get better for Iraq. But I like many others are starting to wonder.....

17 February, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is incredibly sad, Mama. I am so sorry.

Is there no money? Or, did someone fail to purchase the right supplies? It is astonishing to be losing lives over very cheap supplies.

Why is the hospital dirty? Why not clean it? Dismiss people who fail to clean properly. Be sure to tell them that cleaning is a very important job, and that they are helping to save lives (which is all true!).

Please do not blame democracy. Democracy is just a way that you pick your government. To get better living standards, you must create true wealth.

18 February, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Democracy and health?

Mama, it is tragic that conditions in the Iraqi health care system are so deplorable and dangerous. I know that even getting basic medical supplies is often difficult or impossible. I hope and pray that things improve quickly.

But it may not be appropriate to associate the problems with democracy or lack of democracy. Sure, a democratic country might have healthier citizens, partially because of economics and nutrition. But not all people living in a democracy have access to its benefits. Here are some facts about the United States that may surprise you. We, being a world leading democracy, can boast of the following:

37 million people live in poverty, or 13 percent of the population. Of children under 18, 13 million, or 18 percent, live in poverty, but in rural areas it is 35 percent, with 2.5 million children at the deepest levels of poverty. 45 million people, or 19 percent are without health insurance coverage. Twelve percent of children are without health coverage. The percentage of people with employment related health insurance is decreasing.

In the rural areas of some states, like Alabama, they do not have hospitals that can safely deliver a baby. Millions of children live in these areas. In these areas they lack basic services such as safe drinking water, adequate plumbing and sewer systems, telephone connections and transportation, which limits access to employment and children’s health care because they can’t get there and can’t pay for it. Twenty-seven countries have a better infant survival rate than the United States. Seventy countries have a better infant survival rate than Louisiana, Mississippi, and the District of Columbia, our nation’s capital. Even Cuba, a communist dictatorship, has a lower infant mortality rate than the United States.

In America, only 1 in 4 households has children. The vote is in the hands of those who don’t have children and who don’t live in poverty and won’t give up their devotion to other priorities. I have been reading Iraqi bloggers on a regular basis since Salam Pax started it all. It seems clear that Iraqis love their children, not just their own, but everyone’s, and I can’t see the Iraqi people tolerating the conditions I have described and I believe they will gather the political and economic steam to not have to tolerate what so many Americans seem willing to. I have more faith in the future of the Iraqi people than the fate 20 million American children.

18 February, 2006  
Blogger Paul J Stafford said...

would you ever consider buying your daughter a dog or is she going to just stick to cats all of her life? i can't even begin to imagaine what life is like i iraq...

19 February, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mama - I saw your blog today, I am very sad for conditions that you work in and for the hazards that you face in day to day life and at work. I work as a Surgical Nurse in a small hospital in the US and can try to understand how hard it must be. It is not the same as being there as you are, but I pray for you to be safe and to find strength to live as you must and I pray for your family also, for their health and saftey. May God be with you and your famliy, Gene

02 March, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I needed some help with my 7 year old daughter and found your blog. We welcomed our 3rd child into the world 7 weeks ago and now my darling 7 year old (the eldest) is pining for the days before her brothers (3 years old and 7 weeks). I needed advice and found your lovely post on your answers to your friends questions. We are in New Zealand and to be honest ,it humbles me to see how well you are doing with your children, what a grand mother you are.

16 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home