Emotions....

talk about my life as a young mother hoping to do the best for her children in spite of the life difficulies.As a Dentist I want to share you my occupational ticklers...

My Photo
Name:
Location: mosul, Iraq

I am a 37 years old mom ,I am a mother of 3 children. I am a Dentist. I try to make every thing perfect. The life I have, the difficulties I face make me anxious.. I like to have a social life; I cannot resist my feeling of being lonely, but I don’t have good social life, & I am lonely.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

May peace be all over the world.......

Hello all I hope you enjoyed Christmas, and had memorable day with your families, I really wanted my Iraqi Christian friends to enjoy Christmas, but may be through this post you can imagine what a MEMORABLE Eid they had !!!
These days the weather became very cold, the temperature is 2-3 degrees under zero … this cold weather synchronize with not only the raise in the oil, fuel prices but with its exiguity….yesterday my baby (20 months old) cried freezing at night, we have oil storage but we tried to sleep without (soba) an oil heater, to save it for the rest of winter. We get the electricity for ONLY 2 hours a day now, we also don't have hot water!. Since a week now the gas stations in Mosul are shut down , therefore the gasoline in the black market is very expensive, going to my job plus my two daughters'& husband's transportation expense is at least 170000 ID whereas our income together ( my husband & I) is 501000ID !!!We also buy gasoline for the generator!!…
About the safety situation these days while we are waiting for the elections results ,we witness every day the violence in the streets , today I was in my way back from work when suddenly the driver stopped and shouted "disembark quickly" ,as soon as I did a bullet flapped the pavement just beside my foot , I did not feel that, I was shocked , but we ran to a storage a cross the street , the storage owner kept saying 'Thank god you are ok ",I did not get that ',then the driver( who could not make it & follow us to the storage )came after things calm down with some people were in the street telling me that they got terrified to see what happened & show me the bullet….
When sunshine phoned her friend to wish her a merry Christmas, her friend was not happy at all, they could not leave the house because it's dangerous to go out & because they don't have gasoline. Some of our friends did not even go to the church because of the fear of bombing the church ….(I think you can see we are too busy with our life struggles to think about the elections results!)….
Happy New Year, may peace be all over the world …
Mama………..

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mama: I want to extend my deepest sympathy to you and the millions of other good Iraqi people who are having to live in such a sorry and dangerous situation.

I have lived in poverty and in combat. But fortunately my wife, children and parents never had to face the dangers you live through each day.

My hope and prayers are that you will soon be able to enjoy a peaceful life.

My deepest hope is for you to have a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

27 December, 2005  
Blogger programmer craig said...

Hi Mama,

I was away on Christmas and didn't gte to see the news, but I heard Donald Rumsfeld spent Christmas (or Christmas Eve?) with the troops right there in Mosul! There's much I don't like aboit Donald Rumsfeld, but he gets a lot of credit from me for doing that! I thought of you and Sunshine when I heard that on the news.

It sounds like you had a very close call there... and a great cab driver, to warn you to get out of the cab!

I'm trying not to worry about the election results too. I hear conflicting stories about what these results will mean for the future of Iraq. Some commentators on the news seem to think everything will be fine, and others are predicting disaster. For all of our sakes, I'm choosing to hope everything will be fine :)

27 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in a big city in America where one person a day is murdered but there are lots and lots of people here in this big, big city. And terrorists willing to shoot at just anyone aren't running around here either.

28 December, 2005  
Blogger binderpilot said...

Mama: I try to imagine the conditions that have to face every day and can't get any real appreciation for the trials you must confront. I pray that things will get better for you and yours in 2006 and that you will begin to enjoy the security and peace that we take for granted here in Canada.

We see reports from Iraq on television, but never know what to believe. More and more I realize that I just can't understand why all the terrible things that are happening take place. We had a shooting by some young men in Toronto a few days ago and a young girl was fatally shot, it has the whole country grieving and trying to rationalize why someone would do something like that.

I guess we have to realize that there will always be evil people in the world and that they are sick in their minds. Wouldn't it be fitting if they could all be taken to an Island somewhere to let them ply their wicked trade on each other and leave the rest of us alone.

I hope things improve for you and that God protects you and your family until this insanity stops.

29 December, 2005  
Blogger olivebranch said...

THANK GOD YOU ARE OK!
that story scares me! what would we do if you were to be hurt! I think I would have to come to mosul & give you a hug and sit with you & your family while you get better!

You are blessed my dear, my spirit will not allow you to be taken from your family, not while I am alive.

The day you are taken from yours is a long way off and you will be an old, senile but happy old lady *wink*

love+prayers allways

[olivebranch]

29 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haneen's Mother just had a very close call with a car bomb in Baghdad, I think the same day a bullet almost hit your foot in Mosul.

I notice many of the women in Iraq have blogs. I wish the men in your family had blogs so us guys can work on getting this crazy violence to stop.

29 December, 2005  
Blogger Jack B. said...

Happy New Year to you and your family as well, Mama. I hope the next one is much, MUCH better for you and all Iraq.

31 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! May it bring many positive things to the world and your country. I am also 34 and Taurus - how funny.

I am sorry to hear that the gasoline is such a problem. It bothers me when people here in the US complain of "high" gas prices when they spend more per gallon on a cup of coffee or milk. We should be the last ones to complain about gas prices when everyone in the world pays more.

It is terrible too that you have such a problem with food and medicine. Right now my cat is recovering from a bite and is on pain medication and antibiotics and I have to watch him so he does not pull out the drain they put in his back for the abcess. I love him like a child (my husband and I are still trying for children), but it is sad that he can get better medical care than children in Iraq. Inshallah this will change soon.

God Bless you and your beautiful girls!

Meredith

03 January, 2006  
Blogger programmer craig said...

"We should be the last ones to complain about gas prices when everyone in the world pays more"

Everyone in the world doesn't pay more, Meredith. Europe is not "the world." The reason the Europeans pay more is because they have tremendous gasoline taxes, not because it costs them more to deliever it to the pumps.

I think it's a terrible idea to end the subsidies on Gasoline in Iraq at this time. But that decision is entirely unrelated to what Americans pay for gas, isn't it?

I'm sorry to hear about your cat, Meredith. I had the same thing happen to one of my cats some 15 years ago. He got an abcess on his hind quarters from a cat fight. It cost me over $2000 in vet bills, but at least the cat survived.

Mama, do you know what model Iraq will be using for medical services yet? Will they be state administered like much of Europe? Or privately administered like the US? DO you have any feeling about which would be better for Iraq? We have very good health care in the US, but it isn't cheap!

04 January, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

finally some information i can use , thank you for the posts and keep blogging,...Tooth Whitening Westminster

18 January, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmm... makes you think a little, nice read there.

Find A Dentist Wichita

19 January, 2006  
Blogger programmer craig said...

Hmmm.... the last two commenters are trying to seel you dental products and services, Mama :P

19 January, 2006  
Blogger olivebranch said...

ahahaha
they must be searching for "dentist" on the blogs.

anyway, where are you mama? we miss you.

21 January, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mama, perhaps you might want to turn on "Comment Verification" from the settings menu of Blogger. It really helps to prevent spam.

27 January, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont usually surf the net to find articles or reports, I've got my newspapers,
but browsning through blogs is way better for me to get that newspaper feel, thanks for the good read.

Utah Tooth Whitening

02 February, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was clicking that ''Next Blog'' button and caught yours, i have to say kinda interesting, anyway thanks for the info bye.

Alexandria Teeth Whitening

02 February, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Great Blog! Need any information on cleaning Check out my web site carpet cleaners plano texas it relates to carpet cleaners plano texas

04 February, 2006  
Blogger olivebranch said...

AHHHHHH
MAMA COME BACK, DELETE THE ADS!!

WRITE US A POST- OUR SANITY WONT BE SAVED BY ITSELF! (nor will yours)!

16 February, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey just to let you know that yes I am promoting this but if you dont want to save at the pump then dont go to the site but I believe no matter who you are gas is just to expensive.

The goverment is using it and many other huge company's. This is not just some fly by night company or product. This is the real deal.

19 April, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow What is going on with all these homes with severe mold problems. I cant believe the problems we are having in our homes today. It has always been here. ask about Basement Mold

11 October, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

f u.f peace

31 October, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »

23 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home