Emotions....

talk about my life as a young mother hoping to do the best for her children in spite of the life difficulies.As a Dentist I want to share you my occupational ticklers...

My Photo
Name:
Location: mosul, Iraq

I am a 37 years old mom ,I am a mother of 3 children. I am a Dentist. I try to make every thing perfect. The life I have, the difficulties I face make me anxious.. I like to have a social life; I cannot resist my feeling of being lonely, but I don’t have good social life, & I am lonely.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

They were not experts!!

In the last several cold days, we had to live without electricity at all. In such circumstances my children were studying and going to school . it was hard cold dark nights for them but they don’t have any choice, but to survive and go on .
at one of those dark cold nights we were informed by one of the neighbors that at 9 o’clock their will be an explosion ,he said the American soldiers were trying to destroy the residue of the near bridge which was previously destroyed by terrorists through exploding two cars in addition to decoying the bridge it self, at that time our house was badly damaged and we were lucky to live to tell the tale.
we opened our windows and took cover in the freezing corridor, we waited from 8:20 pm till 10 pm and nothing happened, my little boy yosif slept after long time of sitting on the torch light alone in such coldness then felt to sleep. I decided to take a risk and put my boy in his bed( it’s besides mine), “we can’t bear the cold for ever “I said,.
at 11pm a very loud explosion opened the bedroom’s windows ,we also heard the windows breaking down ,the very cold bluster carried dusts into inside.
Miriam who was just falling asleep started screaming. I laid over my son and my husband ran through the darkness to Miriam . then we checked everyone and the rest of the house. we had some damages in the windows ,but luckily not in the bed rooms.
we decided to go back to bed and sweep the shrapnel’s and start to fix the damages early in the morning. But a louder explosion at 12 in the midnight terrified us and caused more damages to the windows and doors leaving the house so cold, dirty and leaving us astonished.
Next day my daughters had to go to attend their exams after a horrible night ,my husband had to go to work too, but I took the day off and stayed home to try to clean in spite of the frostiness and the tiredness. When my husband returned home he told me that those soldiers were not experts and nothing happened to the bridge residue, only the neighborhood houses were damaged!!!!!!!!!!.
Mama

12 Comments:

Blogger ~~Silk said...

Hi. I just wanted you to know that you have a reader in NY. I also read Sunshine's journal. I have compassion for you all.

A question: Your windows seem to have a very short life! Is it easy to find glass to replace the panes? I'd have long ago given up and used plywood!

19 January, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your living conditions and your house. Its 11F here and I can't imagine haveing to try to live without lights or heat. Your life is very hard. I wonder why the solders didn't do it during the daytime? It does seem that your windows are blown out almost every week. You are a very strong family to live through everything. Also Sunshine gets good marks in school under those conditions. Amazing!!!!!!

19 January, 2008  
Blogger jhondie said...

wow. those retards have one job and only do one thing and they botched it... I'm sorry for your suffering Mama.

20 January, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep going, sunshine mama!!
perseverance is everything
i admire your efforts
of course, I'm really sad about your situation -it is truly awful

20 January, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry to read all the bad things that you and your family are having to go through. I am even more sorry that there is nothing I can do to help you. I have experienced many of the hardships that are happening to you but I did not have any children with me at the time. Mama, I hope that everything will get better soon.

I pray and ask God to help you every day.

I hope that Mariam and Yosif can will be able to get calm and grow up to be just like Sunshine.

20 January, 2008  
Blogger Tea said...

It`s just so inexcusable that you have to live through all the horror going on there. I have no words and feel helpless about it all. This is all so wrong.
My prayers to you and your family and that your children can someday experience a better world and peace as we here are very very fortunate to have.

tea in Canada
xo

20 January, 2008  
Blogger programmer craig said...

Hi Mama... sorry to hear your home was damaged (again) and that all of you were put through that stress again.

I'm not sure what happened with that ruined bridge that was to be blown up. I think if they'd really wanted to blow up the bridge, they would have. Maybe they found some IEDs on the bridge... was it still in use at all? Or maybe they are that incompetent, but I hope not :O

20 January, 2008  
Blogger Mister Ghost said...

Hi Mama,
You need a stove/heater that runs on broken glass. Think of all the free fuel you would have in Mosul.

21 January, 2008  
Blogger Ripama said...

Mama,

I'm sure you've seen "experts" in your field that weren't "experts" afterall.

A word of caution...Avoid experts.

22 January, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi mam im sorry about your house and the electricity and heat in the winter it gets close to freezing here sometimes tennessee usa :) i wish i could do somethin but i dont realy have enough money
and theres this ocean in the way

i wish you luck in cleaning and that god willing you wont have broken windows everywhere again from explosions (ive done it before things that go boom are kind of a hobby where i come from

anyways i wonder i hope your kidds did good on exams and wish you best of luck and peace in this crappy world

ps... hopeful thell just get army engineer corps they are REAL expert

22 January, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol sorry i ment it gets close to 0*F here sometimes lol sorry

22 January, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine how you endure this.

30 January, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home