Emotions....

talk about my life as a young mother hoping to do the best for her children in spite of the life difficulies.As a Dentist I want to share you my occupational ticklers...

My Photo
Name:
Location: mosul, Iraq

I am a 37 years old mom ,I am a mother of 3 children. I am a Dentist. I try to make every thing perfect. The life I have, the difficulties I face make me anxious.. I like to have a social life; I cannot resist my feeling of being lonely, but I don’t have good social life, & I am lonely.

Monday, August 08, 2005

My routine workday...

Hi :
I finished the mothercraft leave on June, now I work in the countryside. I wake up early in the morning leaving my children at home with their grandma. I pray before I leave asking God to keep them safe, our neighborhood notice almost every day shooting between terrorists& the police in the nearby police station. Or some times guided missiles fall on the neighborhood.
Five doctors &I hired a car to take us to work; the way to work is not safe, many serious crimes of killing occurred there; many dead bodies were thrown there with their heads separated from their bodies. Five wreckages of exploded cars were left in that road. There is a gate before we reach the hospital, looking to it is frightful, because a suicider exploded himself a month ago with his exploded car killing many policemen, their names are written on black clothes hanged in the gate wrecks.
In that gate there is a checkpoint, we wait there for long time to be able to pass. That is the scariest, because another explosion might happen .I keep praying all the way& I inspect the drivers faces looking for treasonable one.
Then when I reach the hospital, another kind of suffering starts. The people of this village are very poor, they are very much in need of medical &dental care, but the hospital ministrations are very limited. There is lack in every thing. The only dental unit in that area is broken. I feel sorry for the people there. I was ordered to treat patient need teeth extractions, it’s a huge mistake, because of the risk of fracturing the tooth as I can’t adjust the chair to the proper position, as well as incorrect position hurt my back , where I already have disk problem. &it makes me get tired quickly . Medicaments shortage is also a big problem, doctors prescribe alternative medications according to the type available ¬ according to the best.
That makes me feel miserable .In the afternoon I go back home, in addition to the scary way, it’s too hot at that time, the car has no air conditioner. While the temperature in the shade reaches 50 centigrade, in side the car it is much higher.
I reach my home very exhausted, desperate, & sweaty.
This is my routine workday.
Mama……

5 Comments:

Blogger In His Steps said...

I sit here and can't think of anything to write in response to your post today Mama. There is nothing routine about your workday. My complaints seem so unimportant and so trivial in comparison. I am a nurse in Canada and would love to be able to send you medications from our "plenty" to your land of "need". I commend you and your collegues for doing the best at your job in the circumstances that you face. Bless you for serving those in such dire need. Kim

10 August, 2005  
Blogger Dancewater said...

I just want you to know that I care, even though there seems to be nothing that I can do.

Please keep writing about your daily life, so more people will understand what is happening there inside Iraq.

10 August, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
I found your blog after visiting Sunshine's blog. Her blog is so insightful. You should be proud of her. I enjoy your blog and would like to encourage you to continue sharing your thoughts with us.
Also, I am from USA and I would like to apologize for destroying your people and country.
I am ashamed because all I do on my blog is complain about my stupid problems.

14 August, 2005  
Blogger Combat Doc said...

I was a medic in Mosul and we would send our doctor to the clinic downtown and the conditions were deplorable. I tried to help the people as I could but most of what I could do was short term treatments and of little help at your level. I did what I could if someone asked for help

15 August, 2005  
Blogger pebblepie said...

Hi Sunshines Mom,

Your work day is very descriptive. So many things needed for a normal life and yet they are absent. But you forge ahead as most mom's do. I feel a bit inadequate in saying I'll keep up vigilant prayers for the safety of you and your family.
See this woman Lord, surround her and her family with your protective Angels, In Jesus name I pray, Amen.
(Sorry I'm not Muslim, but we all pray to the same Allah/God)

15 August, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home