Emotions....

talk about my life as a young mother hoping to do the best for her children in spite of the life difficulies.As a Dentist I want to share you my occupational ticklers...

My Photo
Name:
Location: mosul, Iraq

I am a 37 years old mom ,I am a mother of 3 children. I am a Dentist. I try to make every thing perfect. The life I have, the difficulties I face make me anxious.. I like to have a social life; I cannot resist my feeling of being lonely, but I don’t have good social life, & I am lonely.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Childhood comparison...

Hello, today I will talk about my childhood it will help me to explain the difference between my life & my children’s .please be patient & don’t get bored.
My family consists of, my mother she is an English teacher, my father is a civil engineer, he studied in Penn Engineering in USA. My dad worked in many incumbencies, the last one was in the Arabic Organization of Industrial Development, it’s a diplomat incumbency. I have a younger sister she is a civil engineer .We had wonderful life together. We had many friends, our house was rarely empty of guests .Adjacent to our house my father built two houses for rent. He only allowed foreigners to rent them. Therefore, we made friendships with people of different nationalities French, British, Spanish Americans, Yugoslavians, Pakstanians, Tunisians, & many many others. We used to make barbecue parties for our guests serving illustrious Iraqi Kebab.
I have very nice memories about the weekends; we used to spend some of the weekends in Al_Habbania tourist city it was full of fun, we swim, ride water motorcycle, go for fishing, and attend parties in the nightclubs .At the beginning only families of high class & foreigners were allowed to get in. It remained clean, very nice &offer excellent services. Especially it was managed as far as I remember by French company. I have nice memories about the family birthday parties, celebrations of my parents wedding anniversary.
We used to go for swimming twice a week.
We attended circus three or four times. I traveled only once with my family to west Germany& Denmark, but my parents traveled to many other countries like Poland , Romania ,India, Canada&USA…
So you can see I had good childhood, & we lived an ordinary life.
After one month of my marriage Iraq attacked Kuwait, for us that was the start of agonies, every thing was changed, the value of coinage dropped, the money we had became worthless, I believe you know the rest of the story. I mean the
Sanctions, the Gulf war until invalidate Sadam’s regime.
When I got married, my husband used to get high salary (900$), suddenly his salary became worth nothing (2$), it is not enough to cover the food expense, his bank account was 50000ID (before the drop it was about 150000 $ ). We bought with it a sachet of flour after we took 5000ID (2$) from my parents in law.
We were un able to depend on our selves for living, my parents started to pay me every month (from the houses rent income) & buy the important stuffs. My parents in law also helped us to pass all these years, but believe me it’s not easy to live on some one else help…
In my other post, I will write about my children’s life style ….
Take care,
Mama…

8 Comments:

Blogger Hassan said...

Hello Mama, how are you doing??
Welcome to the bloggersphere, sorry to read about your hard times before, but haven't we all suffered after the application of the sanctions.

29 July, 2005  
Blogger Najma said...

Hi,

Welcome to the blogsphere, and thanks for blogging..

You are now listed in Iraq Blog Count, blog number 149!

29 July, 2005  
Blogger Mister Ghost said...

Well, Good to have you aboard.
Iraqis must have the best teeth on the planet with so many dentists around. LOL.

29 July, 2005  
Blogger Mister Ghost said...

Hi Mama,
You said your father was at
Penn Engineering - Do you mean he
was studying engineering or teaching engineering at Penn State
College?

29 July, 2005  
Blogger Jack B. said...

You have a very interesting blog, Mama. I love reading Iraqi blogs, I always discover something new and interesting about your country. I hope you keep blogging.

29 July, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really like your golf la property resort spanish torre blog site , my site www.discount-spanish-property.co.uk has lots of golf la property resort spanish torre related resources

23 October, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really like your golf la property resort spanish torre blog site , my site www.discount-spanish-property.co.uk has lots of golf la property resort spanish torre related resources

24 October, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Ball information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!

29 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home